What is JUVÉDERM?
JUVÉDERM is the #1 selling collection of hyaluronic acid fillers in the U.S. Each product in the JUVÉDERM Collection of Fillers adds volume to a different area of the face – without surgery. All JUVÉDERM fillers are smooth, crystal-clear gels that are administered by injection. Each of the five formulas in JUVÉDERM collection of fillers was studied across all Fitzpatrick Skin Types I – VI, lightest to darkest.
Where is JUVÉDERM used?
- Different formulations are approved to either volumize cheeks, smooth facial wrinkles and folds, smooth lines around the mouth, or plump in the lips. The results are subtle and long-lasting.
- JUVÉDERM VOLLURE XC softens moderate to severe facial wrinkles and folds by adding subtle volume around the nose and mouth in adults over the age of 21.
- JUVÉDERM VOLUMA XC injectable gel is for deep injection in the cheek area to correct age-related volume loss and for augmentation of the chin region to improve the chin profile in adults over 21.
- JUVÉDERM VOLBELLA XC adds subtle volume to lips and softens the appearance of perioral lines.
- JUVÉDERM ULTRA PLUS XC smooths moderate to severe facial wrinkles and folds around your nose and mouth.
- JUVÉDERM ULTRA XC adds fullness and plumps lips as well as smooths and corrects moderate to severe wrinkles and folds in adults.
Reasons why I should not receive any JUVÉDERM formulation:
Do not use these products if you have a history of multiple severe allergies or severe allergic reactions (anaphylaxis), if you are allergic to lidocaine or the Gram-positive bacterial proteins used in these products, or if you have had previous allergic reactions to hyaluronic acid fillers.
What precautions should my doctor advise me about?
- The safety of these products for use during pregnancy or while breastfeeding has not been studied.
- If you have a history of excessive scarring (thick, hard scars) or pigmentation disorders, treatment in these patients has not been studied and may result in additional scars or changes in pigmentation.
- If you are planning other procedures including laser treatments or a chemical peel, there is a possible risk of inflammation at the treatment site if these procedures are performed closely before or after JUVÉDERM injectable gel treatment.
- Tell your doctor if you are on therapy used to reduce your body’s natural defense system (such as steroids, chemotherapy, and medicines to treat autoimmune diseases, HIV, and AIDs), as these may increase your risk of infection; and medications that can prolong bleeding (such as aspirin, ibuprofen, or other blood thinner), as these may result in increased bruising or bleeding at the injection site.
- Minimize strenuous exercise, exposure to extensive sun or heat, and alcoholic beverages within the first 24 hours following treatment, as these may cause temporary redness, swelling, and/or itching at the injection.
- JUVÉDERM VOLUMA XC was not studied in patients with significant loose skin of the chin, neck, or jaw.
- The effect of JUVÉDERM injection into the chin on facial hair growth has not been studied.
- Patients who experience skin injury near the site of JUVÉDERM VOLUMA XC injection may be at a higher risk for adverse events.
What is the treatment experience like?
Your aesthetic healthcare provider will take your medical history and provide a facial analysis. This is not a surgical treatment. Actual treatment with JUVÉDERM injectable gels can take 15 minutes to 60 minutes, depending on which area of your face is being treated.
What are possible side effects of treatment?
The most reported side effects with JUVÉDERM injectable gels were redness, swelling, pain, tenderness, firmness, lumps/bumps, bruising, discoloration, and itching. For JUVÉDERM VOLBELLA XC, dryness was also reported.
These side effects are consistent with other facial injection procedures, and most will resolve with time. Your doctor may choose to treat side effects persisting over 30 days with antibiotics, steroids, or hyaluronidase (an enzyme that breaks down hyaluronic acid).
As with all skin injection procedures, there is a risk of infection.
When will I see results?
You will see results immediately/instantly.
How long do results last?
Results may last one year to two years, with optimal treatment and depending on the formula used an the area treated.