The World’s 1st 755nm Picosecond Laser
The PicoSure Pro device delivers 755nm energy in picoseconds; the delivery is so quick that it spares the skin from high thermal damage while optimally targeting unwanted pigment, wrinkles, acne scars and pores with less downtime than traditional lasers.
The Power to Transform
With over 1 million treatments performed and 100% patient satisfaction, this has become a popular and trusted treatment worldwide.
- Remove unwanted pigment safely and effectively in all skin types; the only picosecond device FDA-cleared to treat melasma pigment, nevus of Ota and Hori’s nevus
- Reduce wrinkles, fine lines, acne scars and pore size with no downtime
- Improve overall skin tone & texture; providing patients with lighter, brighter and more radiant complexion
Why is PicoSure Pro Unique?
PicoSure Pro uses primarily photomechanical action and delivers ultra-short picosecond pulses of energy. Energy is delivered so quickly (in a trillionth of a second) that it vibrates and shatters the unwanted pigment and tattoo ink into tiny sand particles that are more easily eliminated by the body’s natural detoxification system. This is a very different approach compared to traditional lasers, which use photothermal action; relying solely on heat to break up unwanted melanin. Less heat translates to less tissue damage and discomfort.
PicoSure Pro’s advanced technology spares the skin from high thermal damage while optimally targeting the chromophore for better clearance in fewer treatments.
Enhanced and Upgraded version of PicoSure
PicoSure Pro is the new and upgraded version of PicoSure, which is known to be the worldwide gold standard for pigment removal and skin rejuvenation; proven to offer even better, faster, and more remarkable results.
The PicoSure Pro has several features that help alleviate the previous limitations of PicoSure. Among these features is the new adjustable fluence system, in which the energy being delivered for a given spot size can be adjusted based on the individual patient’s skin. This is very important as every skin is different and therefore a more versatile and customizable treatment ultimately produces more desirable results.
Remove Unwanted Tattoos
The PicoSure Pro laser makes tattoo removal even easier. The 755nm wavelength is able to target black, blue, and green tattoo inks, while the optional 532nm wavelength offers effective treatment of “sunset colors”—red, yellow and orange—which are typically hard to correct. You’ll also be able to:
- Tailor treatments using variable spot sizes
- Use turbo mode to better treat recalcitrant tattoos with shortened pulse width
- Treat black ink in darker skin type patients using the 1064nm delivery
Before & After:
Precautions to take before your light-based treatment:
- No sun exposure, tanning beds and sunless tanning cream for 4 weeks prior to treatment. Sun exposure decreases the effectiveness of the laser treatment and can increase the chance of Posttreatment complications.
- Use a broad-spectrum UVA/UVB sunscreen with an SPF of 30 or higher. Apply to the treated area every 2 hours when exposed to the sun and it is recommended to make this a part of your skin care routine.
- Remove all makeup, creams or oils prior to treatment.
- Be sure to inform your care provider if you have ever had cosmetic tattoos or cosmetic pigmentation or permanent makeup applied near the area of treatment
General (Pigment and Tattoo):
- Cleanse the treated area at least daily with water and mild soap, and then pat the area dry.
- Do not rub or scratch the treated area.
- If crusting/scabbing occurs, do not shave or pick area. Apply Aquaphor ointment (tattoo) or other moisturizer (face) to the area 2–3 times a day. Keep the area moist and let the crusting/scabbing resolve on its own.
- If you are prone to break outs or have oily skin, consider waiting 24 hours before applying any topical products
- Discomfort may be relieved by cold gel packs and/or an over-the- counter pain reliever, such as acetaminophen.
- Avoid contact sports or any other activity that could cause injury of the treated area.
- Avoid swimming, soaking or using hot tubs/whirlpools until the skin heals.
- Contact physician if there is any indication of infection (redness, tenderness or pus).
- After cleansing and while skin is still moist, apply a thin layer of Aquaphor® ointment to the treated tattoo.
- Apply a non-stick pad over the tattoo until it is healed.
- Avoid sun exposure to the treated area. Use a broad-spectrum UVA/UVB sunscreen with an SPF of 30 or higher. Apply to the treated area every 2 hours when exposed to the sun and it is recommended to make this a part of your skin care routine.
- Clean area daily with mild soap and water and pat dry.
- Do not shave the treated area if crusting is evident.
- Avoid sun exposure between treatments. If sun exposure is unavoidable, apply SPF 30+ to protect exposed, treated areas.
- Apply moisturizers for sensitive skin as needed
- For patients who are prone to break outs or have sebaceous skin, consider waiting 24 hours before applying any topical products
- Do not rub or scratch the area.
- Discomfort may be relieved by using cool gel packs or acetaminophen.
- If blistering occurs, keep the area moist by applying Aquaphor 3 times per day or antibiotic ointment per recommendation of the physician. Do not enter swimming pools or hot tubs until treated areas are healed.
- No swimming or using hot tubs for 48 hours posttreatment.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
What is the downtime for PicoSure Pro?
There is typically minimal to no downtime with PicoSure Pro treatment. Patients may experience temporary redness and swelling at the treatment site. The redness typically resolves itself in a couple of hours following procedure. Unwanted pigment may darken over the next 24 hours before fading away.
Is it safe?
This advanced picosecond technology is safe to be used on all skin types including darker skin tones. PicoSure Pro is safer than many alternative lasers that use heat to produce results.
When can I resume my normal activities after PicoSure Laser? Can I do exercise after?
There is typically very minimal downtime with PicoSure Pro treatment. Avoid strenuous activities for the first 24 hours. Make-up can be applied four hours following procedure. It is important to avoid sun exposure and ensure proper sun protection and use a broad-spectrum sunscreen with an SPF 30 or higher. This helps to prevent post-inflammatory hyperpigmentation and recurrence of pigmentation.
Can I use retinol after PicoSure Pro?
Patients are recommended to stop using retinol for one week prior to treatment and wait one week after treatment before resuming usage.
Can I do PicoSure Pro when I am on Accutane?
It is important to wait at least 6 months after stopping Accutane to proceed with laser treatment.